Sunday, October 20, 2019

Packing and pitching

We are just a couple of days from moving nearly all of our stuff into storage and moving into a one bedroom furnished apartment. We have a lot of junk. Time wise the most efficient thing seems to be to move it now, sort it later. However, I think that we used that method years ago when we moved here and never went back to sort.

So much stuff from the kids! Some of the toys and stuff we kept thinking that we would one day have grandkids. That seems less likely now, so it may be time to get rid of that stuff. Some of the stuff is stuff from their school days that Chris wants to keep. I guess moms have more sentimental attachment to that stuff than dads. And some stuff is still in decent condition and you just hate to pitch. And with moving day quickly approaching it will probably just get moved.

I found a couple of now worthless items of my own. Given the events of the past two years, these two certificates hold little meaning or value now.



It was a little sad to throw them out, but they are of no use to anyone now.
We are approaching the 2 year anniversary of when we were told that we could no longer serve the church in any capacity because of our opposition to accepting The Nashville Statement.
This pic came up in my Facebook memories yesterday. I don't know if I posted it before or after we were stripped of serving privileges, but either way works.


I may never find myself in a pulpit situation again, but I am who I am and so I will continue to share God's love by whatever opportunities I have.
It seemed to be a weird sense of timing that I would find those certificates just days after my post on This is Me.
Definitely time to move on without that baggage.

Time to go meet with my Sunday morning people.
God loves you.
Jesus lived for you.

John <><

3 comments:

Duckbutt said...

Right on, podner!

Mike said...

I'll say it here too. That's t-shirt material.

John A Hill said...

I'd wear it!