Sunday, November 11, 2018

Nov 11: What do you know?

Not long ago I subscribed to TED Talks.
Most people have listened to one or two TED Talks on varying topics. I find most short posts to by fascinating and am often intrigued by the science behind the topics.

At some point, it occurred to me that I probably don't possess enough knowledge on any subject to be able to pull off a twelve to eighteen minute TED Talk. TED Talks are a way of sharing ideas and were birthed out of a conference where Technology, Entertainment, and Design converge to share ideas and to make the world a better place.

Yes, I can preach, teach, or entertain for that period of time, but I don't think that qualifies me to share on any given topic. In fact, aging has taught me that I don't know near as much stuff as I once believed I did. I'm learning that much of what I once "knew" as truth, was not, and what I believed to be false has some credibility.

I'm beginning to get comfortable with the idea that I'm a pretty ignorant guy.

What about you?
What do you know?
What information would you pass along in a fifteen minute speech that would be of benefit to a small segment of society?

Just for kicks -- here's one of my all-time favorite TED Talks.



John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I saw where he lost the tie but I don't know how he changed the shirt.