Monday, March 27, 2023

Workday

It was a nice weekend here in the Ozarks.
I managed to take down and put away the plastic panels that I had installed on the deck and rearranged the furniture back to the spring/summer configuration. Last night, my knees were feeling the effects of the dozen+ trips up and down the deck stairs to store the panels in the basement. They are feeling a little better this morning. I could probably benefit from a trip to a local dispensary. 

Winter hasn't completely given up just yet. The temperature at wake-up this morning was just below freezing here in the Ozarks and it looks like the potential for another dip to the freezing line exists for tomorrow night. Other than that, it's time to work on the limited garden for this year.
I'm really behind where I should be in garden prep, but I'm not going to stress over it. It's a long growing season and harvesting some veggies or enjoying the flowers a week or two later than everyone else isn't the end of the world. 

I'm going to need to start building the habit of getting started earlier in the morning. Although I wake up rather easily, I don't really start doing much until midday. I probably over-indulge in my morning quiet time and coffee and let too much of the day slip away from being productive.
Maybe a little switch around from morning quiet time to afternoon or evening quiet time would help. I could have a short coffee/wake-up time in the morning, get busy with a little exercise or work in the yard/garden before the day gets too warm, and then relax with a cold drink and a good cigar later in the day.

I know, I know! 
I already do the cold drink and cigar later in the day! I'm just trying to convince myself to be more productive early in the day, so work with me and allow me my fantasy of getting started earlier in the day.

Okay!
Here I go!
Time to get busy.

...as soon as I finish this last cup (my 3rd) of Italian roast coffee from The Hill in St. Louis.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Careful, you don't want to give lazy retired guys a bad name.