Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Spring Cleaning

My Google account says that my google storage is getting full and I should buy more space.
I think I can find plenty of space by just cleaning things up a bit.
My google pic file has tons of digital pics of cigars, food, screenshots of memes and other people's crap, and plenty of other useless stuff that can be deleted.
My email account has accumulated over 40,000 emails (mostly bullshit ads that I've never looked at, nor even opened).
My google drive has a bunch of stored files from camps and messages of the past, some old work (remember work) files, and other no longer needed digital garbage. 

It would probably be easier to just create a new online presence than to clean up all of the past.
At least I'm not having to scrub my past because I'm running for office or in a high profile job of some sort.

Does anyone actually delete all of their email daily?
Or is everyone more like me and it just accumulates for years on end?

Just wondering.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I delete all the junk every day. But I also have many folders set up that sort the emails. If I start getting new political ads from someone, I just set up a rule to send it to the politics folder. Then I can delete everything in that folder.