Thursday, March 23, 2023

It's almost time...

I'm sitting on the deck in shorts and a long sleeved beach shirt this morning. Last night's overnight temperature remained at around 67f (19c) and we slept with the windows opened. I know that is still a rarity and most nights in the coming month will be in the 40s with some nights dipping into the 30s. 
Daytime highs will mostly be in the 50s (10c) and 60s (15c).

That means it's about time to take down the panels that enclose the deck and begin enjoying the view once again. 
Yay!

I'll need to do some rearranging of the deck furniture again to keep the futon from getting wet during the spring showers and summer rains. Chris would like the deck TV mounted on the south side (screen side) of the deck and that is going to take a little wiring and weather-proofing. I'm not sure when that will happen. It's a good plan. I just need to figure it out. 
And - if we're going to do that, I might want a slightly larger screen.
For today - I'm happy to be having my morning coffee out here and listening to the early spring activity of the birds. 

Different subject, but still spring/summer related --
I'm thinking about getting the Springfield Cardinal's Red Access pass. It's basically a GA ticket for every home game plus one or two ticketed seats per month. Just 10 games would make it a good deal. I haven't been to many games over the past few years, but I'm thinking if I've already paid for the games I might attend more frequently. 
Since I pretty much go to watch the game and I'm not a great conversationalist, I am good with going alone. I generally ride the motorcycle downtown and park on the street (for free) and then walk a few blocks to the ballpark. There is a bar that isn't far from the stadium and they don't care if I leave my bike in their lot during the game. I've usually stopped in for a sandwich and beer before the game, ask if I can leave my bike, and then pick it up afterwards. It fits nicely into a little wedge in the lot where a car can't fit so it really doesn't take up any space for them.
I have locks for my gear and for the bike so I don't really worry about it being secure. It's a couple of weeks before the local season starts so I have a few days to decide. Although a baseball game is a great way to spend a summer evening, sometimes it is difficult to pry myself off of the deck and out into public venues. Retirement offers so many option.
We'll see.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Parking at Cardinals games leaves a lot to be desired.

John A Hill said...

Mike, I usually get there early and park down by 4hands brewery.