Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Weekend Getaway

We took a couple of days and hit St. Louis with some friends. They had tickets for Sunday night's Blues game and invited us to join them. Although we drove up Sunday and drove back on Monday, it seemed like longer than an overnight trip.

We enjoyed visiting on the ride to and from (Chris drove), saw the hockey game Sunday night, played a few games of pool in the hotel lobby/bar area, toured the upgraded museum at the Arch, had lunch on The Hill and picked up a few things at the Italian market. I even picked up some Italian beer. All-in-all, it was a good weekend!

Now we are back home and it is spring!
We'll have a cool, rainy day today followed by warmer overcast days until the weekend. I hope to be able to get some yardwork and pre-garden planting stuff done. I'm not certain how much I really want to do in the way of vegetable gardening this year. I do know that I always enjoy the birds, bees, and butterflies that the flower gardens attract. I am planning on more flowers this year -- but not today!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

At least you got to see the Blues win!