Thursday, October 20, 2022

Friends

I'm not a very good one.
At least not in the way of a friend that goes out of his way to check on others or one that always wants to be around others. It is an extremely rare occasion that I might be sitting alone on the deck, smoking a cigar, listening to music or reading a book and then have the thought that I should contact someone and see how they're doing or want to get together.
It's just not me. I'm very comfortable by myself.

That said--I saw a couple of people last night that I hadn't seen in some time and was really lifted up by their presence and the few words that we were able to share. It wasn't anything profound or out of the ordinary. It was just a feeling of - this person is of my tribe, one of my people. 
What makes it more weird is that it doesn't appear that we really have a lot in common. It's just that underlying feeling you get when you sense that this is a good person and I like them.
And I know that the feeling is mutual. 

It was a good reminder that sometimes it's okay (maybe even healthy) to be around other people. 
It feels weird to type that, even a little scary or uncomfortable.

So maybe there is someone that you need to reach out to. Just drop them a text or dm to say hi. It may brighten their day a bit--yours, too.

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

"to be around other people"
Hey hey hey, let's don't get carried away now!