Monday, October 31, 2022

Monday Morning

I'm spending this Monday morning getting ready to get on the road for home.  I have several thoughts from the weekend that I want to write about, but think I'll wait until I can sit on the deck and gather my thoughts into a coherent post.
I had an enjoyable dinner out with my cousins, spent an evening with a couple of old friends, took my mom to Mass at The Community of St. John, and prepared a good dinner for Mom on Sunday evening.
The weekend was pretty full and I'm sure the drive home will be a relaxing one and helpful in organizing my thoughts.

In addition to my weekend recap, we are now just a week away from the midterm elections and I am torn between avoiding political posts and speaking out on the issues at hand and the distractions that are being advertised and made into news. I am greatly dismayed at the level of willful ignorance and cognative dissonance surrounding the dismissal of the democratic process that is at risk. And I am concerned that the turnout among young voters (18-30) will be traditionally low, and I think those votes and voices are necessary.

Be well.
Happy Halloween
Happy Reformation Day
Go Vote in the US

John

No comments: