Sunday, October 23, 2022

I'm Tired - Here's how I re-energize

It happens.
It's not burnout. It's not exhaustion or fatigue. And it's not something physical.
I'm just tired
...of people.

I know I probably sound like a broken record (how's that for a boomer phrase?), but people really do wear me out. Sure, there are people that I genuinely like and like being around, but why are there so few of them? And sometimes I wonder (suspect) that others might feel the same way about me. Is it supposed to be this difficult to find a community of people that you enjoy spending time with?

I'm going to venture out into the public arena tomorrow night for a community training session for volunteers that will be working at the various shelters and services for the Crisis Cold Weather Shelters (CCWS) this winter. I expect to see some familiar faces and I expect to meet some new people, too. It's rare that being with other people energizes my spirit, but I have a feeling this might be one of those occasions. The people that attend these kinds of events tend to have an abundance of energy (and knowledge) and are willing to share it with people that have the same goals and purposes.

If you are in the local Springfield MO area and would like to attend, check out this link
It's a long cold weather season and we need plenty of volunteers.

Come check it out.
You may find and area that you'd like to serve the unsheltered community through the CCWS or other services. And even if you don't, you'll come away feeling better about people and you may have a little more energy than you had going in. 

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

You put your thoughts down very goodly on paper. 😄 You need to get started on your book.

John A Hill said...

Mike,
Now that sounds like WORK!