Sunday, November 01, 2020

NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo -- National Blog Posting Month begins today. Bloggers are encouraged to write a post for every day of the month of November. A few bloggers do post every day, but it seems that they are becoming pretty rare (at least in my blogging circle). I've participated in NaBloPoMo for several years, and will do so again this year. I may end up with several two-fers on days that I post Monday Motivation or Wednesday Wisdom memes, or I may just let the memes serve as my daily post. I would like to write more often. I just don't feel very motivated to do it on most mornings.

November seems to draw a lot of attention. It is also National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) where writers are encouraged to begin/finish/work on a novel everyday. It is Movember -- where men are encouraged to grow moustaches to raise awareness of men's health issues like prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men's suicide.
Hmmm...Maybe I should just grow a moustache and forget the daily blogging thing.
Or I could write a few posts about men's health and actually go the doctor for a check-up. I suppose I could do both. Even doing both would be way easier than writing a novel.

In the US, November brings Election Day and Thanksgiving. Globally, it brings the Christmas shopping season. I'm envious of my southern hemisphere friends and family that are in their spring while we endure the cooling of autumn and head towards winter.
Ah, well -- life goes on.

Happy November!
John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Use this month to write the first chapter of your book. A little each day.