Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Two-fer Tuesday--Election Day evening thoughts

It's Tuesday evening and polls on the east coast are still open for a couple of hours. As I said this morning -- today has been pretty much like any other day. I've been busy enough that I haven't checked any news sources, nor have I spent much time on social media. In the few moments that I've scrolled through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter I have been encouraged by the relatively calm encouragement that we will go on tomorrow with calm encouragement.

While there is a certainty that we all want our side to win, there also seems to be a confidence that things will be okay no matter the outcome of the election. The losing parties will continue to fight the injustices they see and begin to form plans for midterm elections in '22. The winners will layout their plans for the new legislature in 2021 and how to work with or oppose the White House strategies.

I'm feeling a reserved, but calm energy. We will see if that changes throughout the night.
Sleep well, my friends. The sun is still planning on rising in the morning. 
And there will still be work to do.

John

No comments: