Monday, November 30, 2020

Facebook Memories & Monday Motivation

We've finally made it to the end of November's National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo).
As I mentioned at the beginning of the month, I'm not even sure if this is a thing anymore as more people move to podcasts or some other medium for sharing information. Nonetheless, this post successfully completes the month and removes the self-imposed pressure of coming up with a daily post.

Although I have managed to greatly reduce the time I spend scrolling through my Facebook feed, I do enjoy looking back at what shows up in my Facebook memories. Somethings are worth sharing again; others--not so much. And occasionally there are posts that you remember as encouraging and are still uplifting reminders of days past.

Today I saw this post from 10 years ago.



I have no idea what my message was, but I'm sure this was an encouraging post to receive. In fact, it is still encouraging today.
And it serves as a gentle reminder to be an encouragement to others. Here is a simple message that managed to reappear and offer encouragement ten years later!

Take a moment.
Think of somebody that you can encourage with a simple "thinking about you" kind of message.
Then send a text, post a message, mail a card, or make a call.
You'll both feel better for it!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Two down two to go. Thanksgiving - over; birthday - over; Xmas - coming; NewYears - coming.