Monday, April 08, 2019

Un-retirement?

So I did a thing yesterday evening.
I met with the deacons of a local church about serving as an interim pastor for their church. I also sent references to a second local area church that inquired about my availability to serve as an interim pastor.

I'm not sure of how that worked out that two different churches decided to make contact with me at this time. I took the Missouri Baptist course on transitional pastoring about five years ago and haven't received any contact until now -- two churches within a week of each other.
I have my doubts that anything will really happen. I have never pastored a church and was advised by the state that churches want former pastors to act as transitional pastors. I've decided to be very upfront about my status and about telling why we left our previous church. I'm also very bold about my approach to sharing the Good News that God loves you and Jesus died for you.

And that "you" is an all inclusive you!

We shall see...

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

You may want to investigate this.
https://getordained.org/become-a-minister
Click on their products and FAQ tabs.