Tuesday, April 23, 2019

It's a small world...

I've let my world get small again.
I think that's a good thing.

Oh, I've kept up with the news -- the redacted Mueller report, the killings in Sri Lanka, the plethora of Democrats entering the 2020 presidential race, the actions of the White House and the inaction of the GOP Senate, but I haven't commented (much) on these things and have specifically avoided commenting where my comments would be unwelcome.

I am enjoying the peace of my small world.
There are several people or small groups of people that are welcome in my small world. Most of them have some connection to The Venues. The great majority of my time is spent alone and that is always a pretty peaceful place.
Alone I can enjoy my morning coffee or an afternoon cigar while reading on the computer or reading a book or just relaxing and enjoying the sounds of nature. I haven't been riding in some time and need to get back to that. I have a couple of trips coming up and the bike would be a grand way to travel.

I've added Comfort Spiral to my list of blogs I frequent. Cloudia posts beautiful, peaceful pictures along with some quotes that are often inspiring. It always adds a moment of calm to the day. You should check it out.

Today I get to expand my small world by venturing out to the grocery store to pick up some necessary household items. It will be a good exercise for me to keep Ugly John contained and muted while dealing with the moms and small children, the other retirees, and people in general. I'll try to have a smile and a kind word for everyone as I exercise patience and remember that I am not in a hurry and likely have more free time than most people I encounter. If I run into you during my outing, hit me up for a smile, hug, or work of encouragement. I'm loading up on them before I head out.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I try to go to the store after 10pm. Very few people in the store at that time.