Thursday, April 04, 2019

Coffee time, Quiet time

It's not exactly my usual coffee and quiet time this morning. It's cleaning day so I generally leave the house when our friend that cleans comes over. I'm enjoying my usual at Starbucks and tapping into their wifi to blog and people watch. I was able to secure a corner seat with an outlet nearby if I need it. There is quiet a bit of ambient noise so I have my earbuds in and the Classical music for studying channel playing on Pandora.

A couple of small groups have had morning meetings and gone. There are a few students with coffee, computers, and books. And there are a few pairs of people just meeting over coffee. There are only two creepy guys that are sitting alone with computers out and occasionally looking around to see what is going on. One old guy with coffee and a real book. He doesn't even have a phone out or anything electronic. I'm a little suspicious and keeping an eye on him. The drive through is a steady stream of vehicles as people get their morning go juice on the way to work or where ever it is their vehicles are taking them.

I'm glad to have the revival over so that I can slip back into full on retirement mode. Today I will meet with our associate pastor before he moves on to the Seattle area to take over a church plant there. Then our small group is meeting for dinner to say goodbye to one of our own as she prepares to move to Arkansas. I'll miss Downtown Venues tonight, but will still get to meet with some Venues people, so life is good.

I have a few calls/letters to respond to on transitional pastoring. Although I have never felt called to a full time, permanent pastoring position, I took the transitional course to be able to serve churches as they may need help in transitioning between full time pastors. I'm no longer certain that is a good fit for me and will be honest in my assessment as I talk to churches.
Although revivals are becoming less of a thing in today's evangelical world, I received some good feedback as I was finishing up last night in Richland, MO. It was encouraging to hear that some were accepting the challenges of the week and being more open to sharing their experiences with God and living out his love for others. It is always refreshing to see that there are followers that casually wear the label of evangelical christian and are simple lovers of Jesus and working on following him as they go about their lives.

Today will be an easy day to recharge. I'll take a long walk this morning, run a few errands and then meet with friends. The Cardinals have postponed the Opening Day activities until tomorrow, so I won't have to miss it as I am busy being social this afternoon.

I hope that you will feel loved today.
I hope that you will share your love today.

Be well,
John <><


1 comment:

Cloudia said...

Bless you friend