Friday, April 26, 2019

It's Friday!

Okay, so the fact that Friday is the last day of the typical work week doesn't have a great meaning for us retired folk, but Fridays are good days for me!
Friday mornings often find me serving breakfast (along with other volunteers from The Venues) to 100+ of our area homeless friends. It really is one of my favorite hours of the week.

Here's a pic from last Sunday's service that shows what The Venues has done in the first quarter of 2019.


Here is another one that shows how some of it breaks down. (click it to big it)


I hope you get the opportunity to help someone today -- maybe just a kind word or a text message to encourage a friend. There will be plenty to bring people down and stress people out. Consider being a moment of calm in someone's hectic day.

Leave a comment and share what you're doing to brighten someone's day!

Smile
God loves you
(but I'm his favorite!)

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think I would volunteer for lunch. A late lunch.