Saturday, December 01, 2018

DECEMBER!

It is December 1st and I made it through November with a post every day!
Yeah, big deal.

Even though I managed a daily post, I didn't work on a novel -- at all. But the daily exercise of writing is a good thing and perhaps the novel idea will eventually come to fruition.

I do believe that I made a couple of positive personal gains in November--
     I found another way to minister to others through The Venues ReCess night.
     I am working more on an attitude of gratefulness and being grateful daily (still haven't done a journal)
     Two areas that are difficult are active kindness and making friends; but I'm working on them.
     And I've started playing with a little card magic again.

It's not much, but along with getting back to reading books, I'm calling it a successful month.

Now for December...
The two big things on the December list are to continue with the gratitude and active kindness things and to get some daily exercise. Sadly, as much as I know I need the exercise, my head just hasn't been into it lately. I added a step counter app to my phone since my replacement phone didn't come with one and I hadn't added one. I know that seeing my step count was an encouragement to walk or be more active in the past. I expect that I'll be using the indoor cycle more than in the past, but we'll see.

I also want to continue reading books.
It has been some time since I've enjoyed reading and I'm finding the time to be relaxing, especially on the days when I can sit outside and enjoy a cigar while reading.

There is a pretty good chance that I'll have no outside contact today, so my active kindness might be limited. I'm grateful that I enjoy my quiet time and I'll make sure to get some exercise (maybe cycling while watching the fights tonight).

Here's to a pleasant and positive December!

John <><

No comments: