Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Life Coach

I may have found a second career!

I saw an advertisement on my Facebook feed about becoming a Life Coach. Hmmm...
Actually, I don't think I'd be a very good Life Coach  -- unless you're looking to become an overweight, out of shape, grumpy, almost 60 year old person that likes to be left alone.
I could help you with that!

I'm not even sure what a life coach does or why anyone would pay for another person to advise them on how to live. I probably have a poor concept on what a life coach actually does. I think of each of us with three main components -- physical health, mental health, and spiritual health. And it seems to me that each of those components needs its own expert. The closest thing that comes to mind would be a good yogi. While I do believe that most people can harvest mental gains and meditative peace from yoga, I would still say it is not a good substitute for a psychologist nor a substitute for seeking God.

If I really looked into it, I'd probably find that not only am I extremely unqualified to be a life coach, but I would benefit greatly from having one, myself. Personally, I'd rather just have an honest friend that gives good advice. Maybe that's what a life coach is -- someone you pay to be an honest friend that gives good advice. Apparently the free kind are in short supply.

Maybe I should check into it and see if anyone wants to pay me to be their friend!

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

I can hire you for minimum wage. I think that's $7.65 a week. Right?