Friday, December 21, 2018

Winter

At 4:23PM CST the sun will reach the Tropic of Capricorn and slowly begin it's journey back towards the northern Tropic of Cancer.
Winter will officially arrive in the northern hemisphere; summer for my family and friends on the southern half of the globe. Our short days and long nights will begin to turn around and those that suffer from enduring the seasonal darkness can begin to hope for brighter (and longer) days.

Here at home, it's beginning to feel like Christmas. We are getting together with the kids tonight for our family Christmas gift exchange and I am really looking forward to it. We will have our Christmas family meal on Sunday. Monday the kids will disperse to home and other family and Chris and I will be home alone for Christmas Day.
I think I like the idea of Christmas with the family before Christmas Day rather than after. In the past few years we've had our family exchange over the New Year's holiday. I feel like I'm looking forward to the peacefulness of Christmas morning and the restfulness that will come with knowing the celebration is finished.

We will celebrate Christmas with our Venues community on Christmas Eve. We'll attend one service and volunteer to help out during the other.
I'm kind of liking the smaller Christmas of this year. I can't really say why; I just am.

I expect to post again before the season is over, but if I don't (or if you don't stop by for a few days), I do want to wish my readers a very Merry Christmas. May your days be filled with peace and hope and love.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

It was 104f in Brazil today. Merry Christmas.