Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Canada -- Day 3

Yesterday another of our Canadian friends (Alyssa) joined us for the day as we headed out to the areas around Niagara falls. The new member to our group is a chef and planned lunch for us at one of the many Niagara region wineries.

Lunch was an epicurean delight!
Appetizers, soup, salad, entree and dessert!
Oh my!



 The scenery was beautiful and the service was grand (I suppose it helped that our server was friends with Alyssa). I'm not a wine drinker and didn't purchase any to bring back to the States, but I did find a bottle of ghost pepper ketchup in their little store and that, I did buy!




The afternoon also included stops at a couple of the local breweries. This one is in an old church building and it is beautifully covered with vines and hops!





















We ended the day with a nice walk to Doc Magilligan's Restaurant and Irish Pub.
The pub was designed and built in Ireland, then packed into shipping containers and shipped here to be reassembled.
Awesome Scotch eggs, soda bread with some kind of bacon onion jelly, and again -- delicious entrees.
I had a Fisherman's pie (think shepherds pie with sea food) that was delicious!
No dessert. We were all stuffed!

The walk back to the hotel was welcomed by all.

We're going back to Barrie today (something about Gord having to work this afternoon) and I think that today will be another easy day of relaxing and visiting.

Life is good!
I am truly blessed.

John <><

3 comments:

Mike said...

You sure do have a lot of Canadian friends. After we get Trumped in November and you're headed to Canada, don't forget to stop by St. Louis and pick me up.

John A Hill said...

It'll be the end of January before we have to make a move and I think the ladies are already working on a trip to a beach in Mexico.
If that wall is up, we may have to return via Canada but I don't think I want to stay there in January!

John A Hill said...

It'll be the end of January before we have to make a move and I think the ladies are already working on a trip to a beach in Mexico.
If that wall is up, we may have to return via Canada but I don't think I want to stay there in January!