Sunday, September 18, 2016

Recovery Day; keeping it simple

If yesterday was travel day, today is recovery day.

After waking at 3am EDT yesterday for an early morning flight and only taking a short afternoon nap, I probably should have gone to bed earlier than midnight CDT. I opted out of setting my alarm for the morning and slept straight through to almost 9:30!
One of the downsides to sleeping so long is that I really feel the sleep inertia this morning and have a slight headache which will last into several cups of coffee.

Having said that, it is nice to be home.
Part of that long sleep has to do with being in my own bed with my own pillows.
Yesterday afternoon I enjoyed a cigar sitting on my own deck.
This morning I am blogging while reclining in my own chair and sipping on a cup of my own coffee.
Later today, I'll probably take a short motorcycle ride.
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!

We didn't go out for lunch or dinner yesterday. We just made due with what we had (which wasn't much since somebody hasn't been to the store). I'll probably need to take care of that store thing later today.

The lawn is in serious need of mowing and today will be cooler than tomorrow -- but I'm thinking that recovery day shouldn't include mowing. It will probably include some laundry, but that's really not a big deal. At least I don't have to get ready to go back to work this week! And you don't really go back to being retired since you didn't really stop being retired.

This shouldn't be too bad.
Maybe I'll use recovery day to start planning our next adventure!

On to recovery...

John <><

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Worry not about your yard. It's already mowed. Enjoy your recovery day!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A recovery day is best spent with a little activity and a lot of rest. Glad you had a great trip!