Monday, January 20, 2014

Job's Answer

By all casual observations, today is another beautiful day in the Ozarks. Though it is mid January, the temps are in the mid 50s. The sun is shining and there is an added bonus of it being a holiday.

It is one of those days that being grateful to God is easy.

But somewhere not far from here, a friend is saying goodbye to his wife. His teenage girls are saying goodbye to their mom. And a woman that served on a ministry team with me years ago is passing from this life into the next.

I have no answers to the whys of our sufferings. I know that death is a part of life. I know that suffering is a consequence of living in a fallen world.

Perhaps the ancient man of the Bible said it best: Naked I came into the world and naked I shall return. The Lord has given and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I guess it's still one of those days that being grateful to God is easy.

John <><

No comments: