Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Day 1, 2014

The first day of 2014 is about to come to a close.
It started off with a beautiful (but blurry) sunrise (pictured here through a not so clean window),



And ended with snow coming steadily down as I begin my first mid-shift of 2014.

I can tell that I will be challenged by people as I try to remain positive and healthy through the new year. Over all, day 1 was no big deal. A pretty typical day with a few smiles, a few annoyances and a feeling that all is as it should be.

I can live with that.

I completed my Bible reading program on time for 2013 and am now beginning a new plan for 2014.
Yeah, I like that, too. You should try a daily reading plan. If you've never tried anything like that before, I'd recommend reading through the New Testament in a year. There are a number of plans that are available through daily e-mail of via your smart phone or tablet. Try it. There is some pretty good stuff in that Book!

I'm considering going through my Facebook friends and either deleting or unsubscribing to a number of people. I've already unsubscribed to most of my "friends" and may just leave things pretty much as they stand. I think that I'll just spend a little less time there in 2014.

I'll go ahead and get this posted before the day runs out and be I'll be back later on day 2 for my Thursdays are for Thanksgiving post.

John <><

No comments: