Thursday, January 09, 2014

Read a Book

Today's Thursdays are for Thanksgiving post is I am thankful for books and for the simple pleasure of enjoying a good read.

In my reading world today, I read very few fiction books. Most of what I read today are books on apologetics, bible study or (more recently) healthy eating and healthy living. I am currently reading a fiction book written by one of our writer's club members--Joe the Dreamer: The Castle and the Catapult by Ada Brownell. It's one of those that is on the Kindle app on my phone and I am able to read as time allows. It is one of three books that I am currently reading. My review will be on Amazon when I complete it.

I post about book reading today because of a Facebook post that I saw earlier today. I find it sad and a very poor commentary on our society that we are becoming non-readers. Find a book about something you like and read it. Read a classic. Read a comic book! Just read.



John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

I saw that fact meme too. Scratch that off my blog post list. I'm afraid I fall into the unfinished book category.

Bilbo said...

I can't imagine life without reading, and I'll read just about anything (including the fine print on the milk carton at breakfast if nothing else is available). However ... People sometimes read the wrong things, or the right things for the wrong reason. Check my post for today about the current e-book popularity of Hitler's "Mein Kampf." Concerning ...