Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursdays are for Thanksgiving

It's the end of the day...it's been a good day.
I didn't want a Thursday to get past me without posting a "thankful" kind of thing.

Last night I spent some good time talking to Hannah on the phone. It was an enjoyable late night father/daughter conversation about looking for a job, her love for pets, her frustrations, etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing the young woman that she is becoming. I hope that she is able to afford a huge farm to accommodate all of the creatures and critters that she wants! She is really growing up too quickly. I've always told her that she will always be her daddy's baby...and she will, but she's going to be a formidable woman, too.

I'm getting ready to head north for a UFC fight weekend with Aaron. For the second year in a row, my Christmas present from Aaron and Jenny is a ticket to the UFC on Fox event in Chicago. I miss having my fight buddy close and am really looking forward to the weekend. Aaron and Jenny just closed on their first home, a condo. I'm looking forward to seeing their new place and will probably get to help them move some things as they shift from the apartment to their condo.

I'm sure that I could bore you with a long post about my kids. I won't because I know that you don't share my love for them.

I'm a pretty proud dad. My kids are doing well and are great young adults! I am so thankful for them. I really do miss them and regret that they are away from home. It is the way of life.

John <><

No comments: