Saturday, January 12, 2013

Writers and Writing ... and Wow!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, today was our monthly writers' club meeting and it was our "Lightning Writing" challenge.

After listening to many of members and a few of our guests read what they had written in the short time that was given to us, I am forced to ask myself, "What am I doing here?"

As impressive as the fiction stories were, even  more impressive were the stories that came from personal experiences. I hope to be able to publish a few of them here in the future. We also have several members with newly published or about to be published books and recently magazine articles. As I have the opportunity to read them, I'll be sure to write about them here and let you know where you can purchase them. Getting to be a part of this fellowship of believers in Jesus is inspiring.

I wanted to share an upcoming event for any local writers that have published books they are wanting to promote. The Kimberling Area Library is having an Authors Book Signing Day. My understanding is that you can contact the library to reserve a table. There is no participation fee, but the library will accept donations. It sounds like a great opportunity for you to promote your book!

I guess I need to get back to some real writing...

John <><


1 comment:

Duckbutt said...

I am looking forward to seeing them, John Hill.