Saturday, August 23, 2008

John 19, The Crucifixtion

John 19 is the account of The Crucifixion of Jesus. I get frustrated, angry and emotional at reading the account of what took place leading up to His death. I think that we still have leaders today that are more concerned with their own agendas than with individual rights. Pilate wanted to do the right thing but was afraid of the lies of the Jewish leaders.

I don't know if you've seen the movie The Passion of the Christ, but it's worth seeing. This is another chapter that I'm having a difficult time with coming up with answers for the three questions that we've been addressing at the end of each chapter. I will say that the one thing that stands out to me is that Jesus was innocent. Everyone knew that He was innocent. The leaders knew that He had broken no laws. Pilate knew that He had broken no laws. And yet Jesus was crucified.

No favorite verse in this chapter. It's a bit of a downer moment in human history. if you ask me.

John

No comments: