Wednesday, September 23, 2026

My Simple Life

It's a quiet morning in the Ozarks of SWMO. 
The nearby highway sings its background harmony as the birds carry the melody for this first morning of fall. 

Dang! That sounds pretty poetic! 
Maybe I should try my hand at writing some poetry.

Sitting here in the morning sun is its own kind of peaceful poetry. Groucho the cat has also found a spot in the sun to enjoy this peaceful morning. She'll get to continue sleeping in the sun, but soon, I will be about getting some fall yard work accomplished. 
Truly, we both have it pretty good.

Sit in the sun and drink coffee.
Do a little bit of work.
Sit in the shade with something cold to drink.
Do a little work.
Sit and listen to the night sounds while enjoying a cigar and a little bourbon or tequila.

I'll read a little, stream a show or a movie, eat something -- all the exciting stuff of a privileged, retired guy life.

Maybe I should take up writing poetry.
Nah. Why complicate things with purpose?

In spite of my current level of peace and privilege, I am concerned about where the economy is heading.
Is the comfort of my current retirement in jeopardy? 
I fear that it may be.
I am hopeful that the US voters will bring some much needed changes in the coming midterm elections, but also realize that the government is a beast to get turned around and we still have a couple of years of a demented president in the White House. 

sigh

Time for some allergy meds and yard work.

Be well, my friends!
John

1 comment:

DB Stewart said...

Sitting in the sun? Underrated. Yes to change. Fingers crossed.