Friday, March 29, 2024

I did a thing...

I finally did something that I've been wanting to do for some time.
I bought this combo gas/charcoal grill and smoker.


It's an old school offset smoke box instead of the more advanced pellet auger, temperature controlled smokers that are available, but I'm pretty old school so it fits. Lowes has free assembly and delivery for grills over $350 so it will be delivered (assembled) on Monday.

I've never used a smoker before. I just love smoked meats. I haven't even used a charcoal grill in many years!
I am looking forward to experimenting and learning to regulate the temperature and smokiness and flavor of the smoker while still enjoying the convenience of the gas grill from time to time. I imagine I'll be spending some YouTube time as a part of my smoker education.

I hope that I enjoy it as much as I anticipate I will. Learning to successfully operate my smoker will be my summer retirement project!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey, it's a nice retirement toy.