Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Another Overcast Day

Yes, it is another overcast day with occasional rain and thunderstorms forecast throughout the day. I have plenty to do other than needing to mow the yard and over-seeding it in hopes of eventually having more grass than weeds. 
I may try to get most of the yard mowed early today, but it's not too big of a deal as I won't be seeding until Friday when the threat of heavy rains has passed.

I have another project -- disassembling and moving our current deck futon and replacing it with the one I picked up from the kids in Chicago. Chris says the kids' futon is more comfortable, both for sleeping and sitting and since they are downsizing for a future move, well...

In any case, working on futon disassembling and reassembling on the deck is way better than following the bombing in Gaza, the antics of the GOP protesting a Jan 6 commission, or making my way out into public to deal with the many wonderful people of the Ozarks.
Although the day will be cool enough, I know that I'll be sweating due to the humidity. But a shower, followed by a cool IPA, a good Dominican smoke, and a good book is something to look forward to.
I've been thinking that I might start writing out more sermon type bible story messages. I've been enjoying looking back (retrospect) at the old stories with a different (and more reasonable) perspective. Maybe my new insights are worth sharing and considering. Maybe not. We'll see.

While sitting here all day and listening to the birds is quite pleasurable and wouldn't be a bad way to spend the day, I suppose I should be a little productive -- not in the contribution to society or anything noble, just in getting some things done around the home to make the retired life even more comfortable and peaceful than it already is.
I've already accepted that I am no longer a productive member of society -- contributing nothing to the betterment of mankind, providing no service, no product, no knowledge. My minor contributions to the economy are pretty insignificant at this point and the semi-isolated life seems to suit me quite well. 

Hmmm...
Maybe I'll have another cup of coffee first.

John

No comments: