Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Today

Sometimes it is difficult to live in the moment. The past is always there to remind you of how you got to the present place, and tomorrow is already clamoring for attention. There is still snow on the ground in places that are shaded from the sun -- a reminder of the brutal winter weather of last week, and I have a list of things to do to get ready for the spring. 

Why can't I just sit and enjoy the sun and the day with temperatures that will reach the warm side of 60f (15c)?

I do plan on enjoying the day. Today will include: 
     a trip to the recycling center to recycle paper, plastics, glass, and aluminum cans.
     a trip to the lumber yard buy material for my raised garden beds.
     I still have a couple of downspout flower beds to build (already have the material) that I may get started on.
     Some time in the hammock, enjoying the sun.

Geez, that's a lot!
I'd better get busy.

What ever you have planned for the day -- I do hope that you will enjoy it and revel in the moment of work/play/rest as it happens. It is possible to remember the past, plan for the future, and enjoy the moment -- all at the same time!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"The past is always there to remind you of how you got to the present place, and tomorrow is already clamoring for attention."
I remember very little about the past. One problem solved.
If I don't look at the calendar I have no idea what's happening tomorrow. Two problems solved.