Thursday, February 18, 2021

Lent - Day 2

So Day 1 wasn't a complete success. I only managed 10-15 minutes of meditation with The Venues' morning meditation group and I didn't make any cards, texts, or messages contacts. I did get my 40 minutes of exercise -- actually an hour -- by shoveling the drive, and my purposeful reading time.
The intermittent fasting was good, but today might be a challenge. I'm filling in at the shelter tonight and wakeful fasting is always more of a challenge than sleep fasting. Hopefully, it won't pose too much of a problem. 

I hit the indoor cycle for my 40 minutes of exercise this morning and have already got my reading in. I'm thinking about getting a mala to help with the more lengthy, purposeful meditation. I'm also thinking that maybe 40 minutes isn't necessary as a daily time, but that any good daily meditation/prayer practice will suffice. Eventually (beyond Lent), I expect to use more mobile types of meditation -- prayer walking, Tai Chi, yoga, etc.
I'm going to take advantage of the overnight time tonight to make a few of those encouraging contacts. 

It is not going to be my practice to post daily about my Lenten practices. Hopefully, there will be more posts like yesterday's or just some random rambling about something that improves life in some way. One additional Lenten practice is going to be try to be more understanding of other people's perspectives on any given subject. I hope to be less negative towards people with differing opinions and outlooks on life, understanding that I know little to nothing about their experiences that shape those outlooks.

I hope your Thursday has been a good one!

John 

No comments: