Saturday, February 13, 2021

It almost time

It is almost time for a new laptop. This old 2 in 1 is getting to the point where the battery charge isn't lasting very long. The keyboard part of it went out about a year ago and I replaced it with Bluetooth keyboard and repurposed and old tablet/keyboard folder to accommodate it. It's actually still useable for a few hours at a time, but it's a pain to have to be near an outlet for longer use or to have to plug it in every time I finish using it (since I'm forgetful about such things). I also forget to charge the keyboard every couple of weeks.
When the time comes that I do replace it, I'll probably hang on to the tablet part to use as my e-reader. I only use the kindle app occasionally, usually opting for my phone's kindle app instead. I think I'll look for a comfortable sized Chromebook. I'd like something bigger than the minis I've had in the past, but don't really want something too big, either. The minis were great for taking to work or shoving into a backpack, but I'd like a little larger keyboard and larger screen. Truthfully, I'll probably be using this for some time since I'm too cheap to want to spend the money on a new one. 

I've been spending much less time on the internet lately. I need to be more purposeful about writing and reading. It's still pretty easy to get caught chasing rabbits. I'm pretty sure I'll be on here quite a bit in the coming days as our daytime high temperatures will be well below the freezing mark for the next week or so. I'm sure i could find something that needs to be done around here without having to go outside, but the internet is an easy, comfortable place to be with plenty of variety and useful information.

Later today I'll be getting my lesson for Student Venues together. I may post it here on Sunday or Monday. I also owe a book review to a friend and will be posting that soon, as well. 
Be well, my friends!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

The internet is the best place to find out how to do something you're probably not going to do.