Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Pool Blogging and Going Green

Yep, I'm in the pool and typing on my chromebook.
In Puerto Vallarta.
It is a brutal life I live. 

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know that I ordered a 2023 Ford Maverick hybrid yesterday. Today I read that the plug-in hybrid and the full EV models will be coming very soon. It's too bad Ford didn't have those ready for the '23 models. 
I'm excited about moving towards being more green. I'm still hoping to add solar panels to our home system and maybe looking at a Zero motorcycle, as well. With solar energy, our liquid propane (now used for heat, cooking, and our fireplace) would only be used for cooking and the fireplace and should last for quite a while. I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up my gas stove/oven just yet. I really prefer a gas stove vs. electric for cooking. 
We would probably continue with our gas furnace at a lower base setting and electric space heaters to warm the occupied living areas rather than replacing the nearly new gas forced air furnace we have now. Solar is looking like a project for next year, maybe to coincide with covered pergola for a pool of our own!

Pool. solar, outdoor living area...
Yeah, pretty much sounds like Highlandville, MO will be where we are living out our golden years.
In my head I just dropped an F-bomb. 

All-in-all, I've got a good life, a very privileged life. I mean--do you know anyone else sipping tequila and blogging from a pool in an oceanside community right now? Just getting to this slice of paradise is a greater carbon footprint than most of the locals here expend in a lifetime. 

I hope you are having a good week. This retired guy is doing well. I'm going to post this, put on my sunglasses, and drift into the sunny side of the pool for a bit. 

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hopefully, the wind can take you to the sunny side of the pool. I wouldn't want you to strain yourself.