Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Just another day

 It's weird that we are away from home, but it doesn't really feel like we're on vacation. Our days aren't a great deal different than usual--just in a different place. Maybe it has something to do with being pretty adaptable to life as it happens, or maybe I'm just a boring, content kind of guy.

Living in the city is much more noisy than our typical rural setting and we don't usually eat out for every meal so I am having much more people interaction than I usually do, but I am still getting plenty of good pool time with a book. I've managed to enjoy a couple of cigars, sampled some product from the local craft breweries, and am enjoying the food and flavors of Mexico.

I'm getting some exercise from walking. The uphill walk back to the kids' place is work and I'm usually a sweaty mess from the exertion and humidity. At least the pool is here to cool off in when I make it back.

We met up with some of Aaron and Jenny's friends when we were out last night. One guy says, "Oh! You're the magician!"
Thanks, Aaron.
It's been a couple of years since I've worked on any magic, much less performed any. Maybe it would be fun to renew the old hobby/side hustle--even if it's just for fun. Hmmm...
While magic is fun to do, it is a lot of work and practice to do just for fun. Without the occasional gig, there just isn't the motivation to practice and keep up the skill level to perform well. Maybe I can keep up on a few coin tricks, card tricks, or something that can appear to be impromptu. 

Time to enjoy the day.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

When you're retired, you're retired where ever you are.