Friday, September 09, 2022

It's a Good Friday!


This bow in the fog above the bay is what I am looking at from the kids' front porch in Puerto Vallarta this morning. It has gotten a bit brighter as the sun makes its way over the mountains behind me. 

Because it is summer in the tropics (that means the rainy season), it is hot and humid here. It took me just over an hour to go from touchdown at the airport to in the pool at the kids' condo when we arrived yesterday. I imagine it is where I'll spend most of today. 
I took a short walk into the city and picked up a few Mexican cigars, plus we all went into the downtown area for dinner later. I'm guessing that I was well above 10,000 steps, but decided that I don't need to wear my watch most of the time I'm here. In fact, I don't even know why I wear it at all anymore.
Sure it is a little more convenient than digging out my phone to check the time, but I really don't use it to count steps much anymore. Maybe I should.
Or maybe I should dig out one of my more traditional watches, drop a new battery in it, and wear that as a watch. Although I do believe that wristwatches are a good looking, functional accessory for men, I've rarely worn one since I started carrying a cell phone. 

Enough about accessorizing!
I'm looking at the ocean this morning!
Tell me what's good in your world--something you've done, something someone has done for you.

It's been said that it isn't the things you say or do that people will remember about you, but the way you made them feel. Will you give somebody a good memory today?

John


 

No comments: