Thursday, September 23, 2021

Ready for Spring (okay, not quite)

Like most mornings I am starting my day drinking coffee and perusing the interwebs while sitting on the screened-in deck. This morning instead of the usual shorts and t-shirt, I am wearing flannel pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt (and am still a little cold). It was 46f (7.8c) when I got up this morning and I'm thinking -- 1) Is it too soon to be missing summer, and 2) I'm ready for spring!

Okay, so I'm not really ready for spring because I've got a lot of garden and yardwork to do before spring gets here, but I think you understand what I'm feeling here.

(after a few calming breaths)

I am going to embrace the moment and be thankful for the 70 degree temps today as I work outside. I'm going to take advantage of the fall/winter seasons to prep my garden area for next growing season since I didn't do that last year and my garden kind of sucked this year. 
Accepting what I can't change and changing what I can -- all a part of that serenity thing, right?
My version has a little different ending--

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And a good cigar to smoke while I figure out the difference.

Dang! That might be marketable!
The Cigar Smoker's Serenity Prayer

I'm going to have to breakout the wood burning tools I got for Christmas and make a sign to hang on the deck. Maybe have t-shirts printed to sell. Oh, and pint beer glasses.
I think I'd better grab a good cigar and think this through.
Well, I've got my day planned out. What's up in your day?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Cutting grass.