Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Autumn Begins

I guess this is the final sunrise of summer. It does make me feel a little sad, but it is all a part of the annual cycle of life -- growing, thriving, dying, waiting on rebirth. I just don't get why so many are into the dying part of the cycle.

It's time for the garden to come down. I dug up some carrots and potatoes (had some for dinner last night) and have started the process of prepping for next growing season on one of the garden beds. I'll be getting to the others later this week or next week. It will be a good time for outdoor work and there is plenty of it.
No worries, I've got the time.

I'm not ready to spend nights reading by the fireplace just yet, but I did pick up a couple of recommended books from the library yesterday. I still have a little left in The Templars, and I have my Dragon Mage fictional series I'm working through, but three books at a time isn't too unusual so I started on Life Maps by Jim Fowler and Sam Keen and will wait until I finish The Templars to begin The Knowledge Machine by Michael Strevens.
I think a two hour cigar (or two) maybe in my future.

Today begins the countdown -- 100 days remaining in 2021. If you are in on the 100 Day Challenge, today is Day 1. If you don't know about it, you can read about it here and join in.
Comments on Facebook show 8 friends joining in. One more will give us a total of ten people and that would mean 1000 messages going out by the end of the year.

2022 minus 100 days and counting

John

No comments: