Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Goodbye Summer and a 100 Day Challenge

It is the last full day of summer!
Here in SWMO Autumn is beginning a day early. After an all night rain, the temperature today is only forecast to reach 70 (21.1c) and the overnight temp tonight is down to 50 (10c)! I'm definitely not a fan of fall. Give me warm weather and long days! 

After today there are 100 days left in 2021.
What should I do for the next 100 days?

I thought about writing something here every day for the next 100 days. It would be a challenge and I doubt that anybody would really care or benefit from it. I could probably manage to post memes, jokes, and trivia, but posting every day doesn't really count as writing every day.

I have been reading pretty much everyday. My Kindle app says 29 days in a row (and 40 weeks in a row) on the app, plus I've actually read a few real books. I suppose I could shoot for 129 days in a row.

I could easily spend time every day for the next 100 days working in or around the house. There are several gardening and landscaping projects to tend to, as well as shelving to put up in the basement and cleaning and organizing all of our crap that is stored down there.

Maybe send 100 cards, notes, or letters to people?
Maybe just one person per day for the next 100 days gets a personal message, thank you, or word of encouragement. Hmmm...this has possibilities. I might even combine an occasional post with a virtual shout out and social media tag.

Would anyone else care to join me?
For the next 100 days (beginning Sept 22) we send a thank-you, a note of encouragement, or just a personal message to one person. And for the purposes of this challenge, let's say that Christmas cards and letters don't count.

Let me know if you're in!
Feel free to share this post or idea with others. The more the merrier! Take full advantage of today's technology or write out an old fashioned letter. It's just one person per day. If just ten people will join in, we can make 1000 people smile over the next 100 days!

At 2:20PM CDT tomorrow the sun crosses the Equator on its southward journey and Fall begins in the Northern hemisphere. If anyone wants to buy me an Oktoberfest beer to cry in or offer me words of encouragement, I am available.

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

I say send a note to Bilbo every day for the next 100 days. He would be thrilled.