Sunday, September 26, 2021

Good Morning!

What makes a good morning for you?
It's early this morning and I'm up because I set the alarm to wake me--that's a pretty rare occasion.
The reason I set the alarm today is so that I would have my morning quiet time before heading out for our church's annual Venuespalooza Day.

For me, having the time to sit, sip a couple cups of coffee, contemplate life's happenings, and maybe hack out a post--those are the things that make for a good morning. I'd give up an hour of sleep for an hour of sitting and sipping coffee.

As for Venuespalooza...
It's the Sunday when we meet at church and then disperse to several community sites and serve our neighbors. My group will be doing yardwork maintenance at a tiny home community for previously unsheltered persons. COVID kept us from doing this last year and has greatly reduced our numbers from what we've had in previous years, but I'm encouraged by the number of people that have signed up for this year's event.
Afterwards, we'll gather together and have lunch on the church grounds.
It will be a good day.
The quiet time will help prepare me for a morning of being around people.

What makes your morning a good morning?

John

3 comments:

Mike said...

"It's early this morning and I'm up because I set the alarm to wake me"
When you have to do this do you think, "I'm retired, why am I doing this!?"

Mike said...

So then I thought I should have left a link to Good Morning by Mandisa for you. But in looking I found this church video, it has a great ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UKu-27BMGg&ab_channel=cyndiwilkerson

Bilbo said...

What makes a good morning? Getting up when I'm ready, enjoying a cup of coffee on the deck on a cool, crisp fall morning while reading a good book, then hearing Agnes ask what I want for breakfast. The last one doesn't happen all that often because I'm almost always up first, but it's the icing on the cake.