Friday, December 20, 2013

Some days are diamonds...

This was a good day...and wrapped up a good week!

Late on Monday I checked my voice mail and had a message from a man that wanted to talk to me about evangelistic opportunities. Because I picked up the message as I was ending my work day (it was nearly 11pm), I waited until Tuesday to return the call.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I found out that he wasn't interested in booking me for an event; he was interested in finding out more about being an evangelist and feels God's leading in that direction. After the initial disappointment, I started to get excited about meeting him for breakfast. I was remembering many years ago when I asked an evangelist to meet me for breakfast to ask about the same things.

This morning was that breakfast meeting.

I left our little meeting feeling great! It was exciting and energizing to see a man that is really seeking and finding that God really does have a mission for him. It was encouraging to hear of his doubts and how God is working around and through those doubts. It was a grand way to spend a Friday morning.

All-in-all, it's been a pretty good week: no hassles at work, a few frustrations with banking, cars, kids, cats, etc., but nothing major or out of the ordinary. I did get back to a little bit of exercise and ate a little better. I had a few decent conversations (not your everyday, meaningless drivel) with people. I got to read about some great kind acts and share some good stories.

I even made a couple of good decisions! (More about those later.)

Now the weekend is here and Christmas Day is less than a week away.
I have a good life!

John <><

No comments: