Monday, May 06, 2024

Something to think about...

"Whose life have you had a huge impact on?
You have incredible influence."

That is the morning prompt for today's gratitude journal.

To be honest, I rarely actually write in this online gratitude journal. I usually just ponder the prompt for a moment and move on to whatever attracts my attention next. I find today's prompt to be interesting and really something that is unknowable.

I doubt that I've had much impact on most of the people I've encountered along life's journey, and would be greatly surprised to have had a huge impact on anyone.
As a preacher, I had both the opportunity and the calling to share what I believed about God, the Bible, salvation, etc. That was, perhaps, the most influential time of my past. The Gospel Magic gig was a big past of my ministry and message and had its own way of reaching people. Even so, I wouldn't say that any impact or influence was mine. I was just the messenger.

That life seems like it was something from the distant past, even though it was only a few years ago. I guess I've just removed myself from it so completely that it feels like it was a different lifetime. Outside of that, I don't know that I've ever really been in a position to make a huge impact on someone's life. I rarely do much or say much that is noteworthy.
In the same way, I can't really think of a name or person that has made a huge impact in my life. I think there have been many that have shaped and reshaped the way I think and who I am, but it is difficult to think of someone that might be the primary person.

What about you?
Can you think of people that you have made a huge impact in their life?
Is there someone that has made a huge impact in yours?
How (and Why) would one even go about trying to have a huge impact on somebody else?
Hmmm...

John

No comments: