Saturday, April 27, 2024

Saturday Coffee

Something a little different for my Saturday morning routine (which is normally like any other day of the week). 
This morning I dressed and headed out to a local coffee shop and am sitting with my computer and blogging from The Mudhouse in Ozark. I don't expect this to be a regular type of thing, but I may try connecting with National Avenue Christian Church's pastor Jen at The Dancing Mule on an occasional Tuesday morning.

I am in need of some coffee beans at home but hesitant to buy some here this morning. I am hoping to buy some from a friend that roasts at his home. It is always good to support a local small business for our everyday needs whenever possible.

I'm not really sure why I am out at a coffee shop this morning. Maybe it has something to do with buying coffee from a coffee shop for two weeks while in Mexico. Or maybe it has to do with being tired of being trapped inside the house for the past few days of cold, dreary, rainy weather. In any case, here I am. 
There is a larger (6-8) group of women at a table offset in a separate area that are laughing a lot and seem to be having a great time. A dad and young daughter are playing Uno at a table in front of me. And there are several solo people with books, laptops or tablets that are enjoying their morning coffee in a similar manner as I am. There also appear to be a few small groups that are meeting for coffee before their weekend begins in earnest.

I don't think I'm going to sit here as long as I thought I might. I'll finish my large coffee and get started on my day, as well. No big plans for the day as it looks like another day that will be too wet to work in the yard or do much outside. 
No worries. It's a good day to sit and read and maybe enjoy a good cigar.

John

No comments: