Sunday, June 21, 2020

Summer

Fog was settled over the Ozarks as the sun rose on the first day summer. It's an indicator that we're in for a hot, humid day -- pretty much characteristic of summer in the Ozarks. I just returned from a visit to my mom's. We enjoyed each other's company, visited my uncle and aunt, ran a few errands, and ate -- a lot!

On the way to Metamora I met fellow blogger Mike and his wife at Ted Drewe's to deliver his Love Your Neighbor t-shirt from The Venues. 



During our hour+ socially distanced conversation in the parking lot it came up that I needed to buy a trailer for my riding mower. It turned out that he had one but no longer has a riding mower. On my way home yesterday I stopped in St Louis to pick up the trailer and a pull-behind lawn aerator. He got them out of his shed and I acquired some useful tools.
The cost -- he said from now on when we meet at Ted Drewe's I'm buying! Life time Ted Drewe's might seem like a lot, but since we've only met there three or four times in the past, I'm sure I came out ahead on the deal.

I might get a rattle-can and paint the trailer to match the tractor. I might not. We'll see. For now, I'll use it as is and start getting some more needed summer yard work done. As small as my blogging network is, knowing an old curmudgeon or two can come in handy!

It's the first full day of summer!
Enjoy it!

John

3 comments:

Mike said...

I may make you stop by every time you come through St. Louis and take more stuff. Have I mentioned before I've got lots of 'stuff'?

John A Hill said...

Did I mention I have a post driver for those t-posts in your shed?

Mike said...

You didn't see mine in the shed, did you? :) I did the fence around my backyard myself.