Monday, August 26, 2024

There's something in the air...

Ugh!
Seasonal allergies are killing me! I've spent the weekend coughing from post nasal drip to the point that my abdomen is sore. It's difficult to sleep. After using the last couple of doses of Sudafed that were in the medicine cabinet, I decided to go the Dayquil/Nyquil routine and have been doing a little better. Although I was up several times in the night, I am feeling pretty well rested this morning and enjoying my coffee on the deck while Groucho the cat snoozes on the chair next to me.

While the first part of the week is going to be warm, temperatures will drop a little towards the end of the week. At some point I am going to have to thin and replant my irises and peony plants. I have been deadheading my moon flowers and hibiscus plants, but will leave a few dead blossoms to grow the seed pods so I can start some new plants next spring. 
Only a few flowers remain in the back flowerbed that has gone mostly unattended this summer. It will be a good clean-up and replant project for the off season. 

I have several blue sea holly plants that grew to full height this year but didn't blossom. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I might just pull them. I might find a place to replant them. Or I might let them go another season and see what happens next summer. 
I'll probably find a place to replant them.

For today, I'll probably stay inside and tend to finding a balance that minimizes these seasonal allergies. 
Life in the Ozarks

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Maybe you need an N95 mask when you're outside.