Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A deck transformation

Yesterday I disassembled the futon and moved it from the deck to the basement. I carried the pieces for the new deck furniture from the garage to the deck. Today I get to assemble it.
Fun times.

Although the new chairs will give us better seating on the deck, it means that I won't have a quick and easy outdoor sleeping place. 
Because our new stuff is actually outdoor furniture, we won't have to worry about it getting wet when it rains and it gives us more options for arrangement. That will be better for watching the fights (or anything else) on the deck TV. The new stuff is two individual wicker chairs w/cushions, one two seat combo with a center console, and a small coffee table. I think the arrangement will kind of divide the 10'x22' deck into two rooms -- one with seating for conversation or watching the small TV, and an area for (a new) table and chairs for outdoor dining. The new table and chairs are a little smaller than our existing set, so we'll have a little more room on that end.
I'm going to have to find a new way to enclose the porch for winter use, or just not use it as much for that season. Maybe I'll be somewhere in the sunny south for a chunk of winter, making it less of an issue.

That's how I'll be spending my morning/day. I'm hoping for a little rain so I won't need to water my flowers. There is a good chance we'll finally get some rain this afternoon. I guess I can push mowing to another day.

That's my retired life.
What is Tuesday like in your world?

John

No comments: