Saturday, August 03, 2024

August

August is here already and the summer is nearly half over. The morning sun is slowly creeping southward and now shines onto the eastern side of the deck rather than being shaded by the edge of the house. It's been a pretty good summer. Although we have had some warm days, it hasn't reached 100f (38c), and we have had a decent amount of rain. All-in-all, it is pretty tough to find something to complain about.

Today's high is supposed to be around 90 (32c) and that's cool enough to watch the UFC fights from on the deck TV. Since the fights are in the UAE, they begin at 11am our time and will be on through the afternoon hours.
Ceiling fan
Cigar
Cold drink
and fights
Yep, it's going to be a good day.

I'm sure that most people put far more effort into planning their weekend fun, but this suits me just fine. And I have already had a little people interaction for the week, so I think I'm good there.
Until the fights begin (and after they've ended) I have my books to read. I don't think I have a reason or the inspiration to have to interact with people today.
Yep, it's going to be a good day.

I hope that your weekend is as people-y or as solitary as you'd like for it to be.

John

No comments: