Friday, August 30, 2024

Hold off on the Pumpkin Spice!

Damn.
It's hard to believe that it is Labor Day weekend already!
While many in the US view this as the unofficial end to summer, it is important to realize there is still plenty of summer left for us that don't deal with kids in school or with school related jobs.
Yes, football begins with college ball this weekend and the NFL next week, and we are getting a break from the hot weather in the Ozarks in the coming week -- but it is still way too hot to break out the flannel shirts or sit around an evening fire pit. 

For me, fall is here when I can put the lawn mower away for the season or when the World Series is over (not that I've really followed baseball this year). 

I know that the seasonal cycle continues and fall and winter will take their places in the coming months, but I will hold on to the summer, even as the days are notably shorter, plants reach the end of their annual cycles, and temperatures gradually cool to flannel shirt, light jacket, and fire pit night levels.
I am looking forward to leaving the air conditioning off and having the windows open. I suppose I need to fill the LP tank to get ready for eventually needing to fire-up the furnace for winter heat. Late summer is generally the best time (cost-wise) for filling the tank and will last us until this time next year.

I have no big plans for today or the holiday weekend.
Just another easy day/weekend in the life of John.

John

No comments: