Monday, April 22, 2024

Monday Meditations

It was certainly wonderful to enjoy the deep sleep of my own bed last night.
I do enjoy the perks and experiences of travel away from home, but there is something comforting about being surrounded by what is so familiar as home.

I haven't written as much in the past week or so. Certainly, I had the time for it -- I just decided not to. It was just a different morning routine and I decided to go with it. 
I think different can be a good thing.

So this morning I'm thinking about what changes I can make to my usual routine to make my day better.
After a couple of weeks of being surrounded by people, I think I'll keep the morning quiet time and isolation. I may shorten the meditation and contemplation part of my early day and shift some of it to the evening hours -- kind of a reflection of the day thing.

With spring here, I need to make working outside more of a morning thing. The heat of the day doesn't really bother me, but it makes sense to get started before it gets too hot. Although I track my daily steps on a phone app, it isn't something that I obsess about or even pay much attention to. I easily hit my daily goal (just 7000 steps) while on our trip because walking was the main means of transportation for us. I have to plan on actually taking a walk in order to reach my daily step goal at home. (And maybe I should!) 

I think I should begin the active part of my day earlier, but I don't know if I will. The freedom and privilege of being able to do nothing sometimes gets the best of me and I end up doing nothing and not being bothered by that one little bit.
I'm sure I'll figure it out.

What are your tips for a beneficial morning routine?
Coffee?
Exercise?
Reading?
Daily news?
Social media?
Does your morning routine need some change?
Would something different be better?

Something to think about.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"What are your tips for a beneficial morning routine?"
Sleep till noon!