Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Happy Tuesday

I missed yesterday's Monday Meditation post. I had a morning appointment with the dentist to have a fractured tooth extracted and didn't really have the time to properly meditate nor write about it.

Yesterday was supposed to be another rainy day, but it turned out to be pretty wonderful. I spent the afternoon finally getting the yard mowed. Three+ weeks of rain, sun, and spring growth took a little longer than usual, but it is done and looks very nice. 


Next up is working on the flower beds.
I'm a little late in getting seeds out for the annuals. Two weeks in Mexico at the prime planting time will do that. No worries, though. It's a long summer and there will be plenty of time for planting and enjoying the beautiful colors.

The hummingbirds are back!
I saw one Sunday afternoon and it looked like it was looking for the feeder that was out last year. I made a batch of sugar water (1 part sugar to 4 parts water) and put it out. The tiny ruby red throats and emeralds found it quickly and have been feeding regularly. I wonder if they are the same birds from last year.

I think I'm going to take the bike out today. One of the Springfield pastors has a weekly open coffee and conversation on Tuesday mornings. I could use an enlightening spiritual conversation, so I think I'll see what she has to say today. I've thought about a weekly day out for coffee and conversation, but don't really have a base of followers or friends to make that kind of thing happen. Maybe I'll just join somebody else that does.
After the additional boost of coffee, I'll be back to working in the yard again.

If you were having a pastoral conversation today, what questions would you have or what would you want to talk about?
I'm curious.

John

No comments: